Note: JunkEx can be considered dead currently.
Privoxy is the continuation of Stefan's line and is currently far ahead of JunkEx.
- Initial release
- More illustrative cfg/bfilters file
- Minor fix: RCS version display for body_filter.c
- Added the custom blockpage feature known from other versions of JunkBuster
- Updated the man page a tiny bit
- Minor optimization
- Complete rewrite of the body filtering with some new features.
- Not really a new version. Just blocked the internal debug messages. [Ooops ...]
- Again more illustrative cfg/bfilters file
- Bugfix: Content-Type headers were crippled (since v1.2).
- And again more illustrative cfg/bfilters file. Demonstrates, how to kill pop-ups.
- Again small bugfix in Content-Type header handling.
- Sometimes images are crumbled, although they should not be affecteded. I don't know the reason.
- Segfaults when logfile cannot be opened.
download experimental v1.90pre2
- Much more complex body filtering rules
- Preliminary page blocking by content (not really usable)
- Support for compressed content-concoding; transfer-encoding is ignored, so it may cause major trouble with some http/1.1 servers. Just untested.
- Basic referrer forging support
- Cookie "expires=" field removal support -> you can still use pages which require cookies without major loss of privacy
- Some statistics support (not really usable)
- Removed M$-Windows support
Possibly some day to come (version 2.0)
- Site-dependent HTTP-referrers. This way you can open sites directly, which normally can be reached only by clicking a link on a certain site.
- Page blocking based on keywords.
Other things ToDo
- Update/merge the documentation to match the current features. Any volunteers?
- Update documentation coded directly into the program, such as links to the original JunkBuster site, version information, etc..
- Use automake/autoconf to simplify compilation. Separate Makefiles for systems without a sh-compatible shell.
- Probably tons of them. This code is hardly tested, although the new body filtering seems quite stable.
Don't hesitate to report bugs. I want to know about them! Please always tell me the exact URL (if the problem is related to a specific site) and your configuration settings.
Feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org